Next Level Games is a wholly owned subsidiary of Nintendo Co. Ltd.
Our studio is best known for its work on the Luigi’s Mansion franchise, most recently Luigi’s Mansion 3. Our other popular titles include Super Mario Strikers, Mario Strikers Charged, Punch Out!! and Metroid Prime: Federation Force. Established in 2002, and developing Nintendo games since 2004, we have not just achieved award winning titles but have been a leading employer and pioneer in providing a fun and desirable workplace for our employees. Our company has been recognized over the years for our studio culture by organizations including BC Business Magazine, WorkLife BC, Canada’s Top 100 Employers, and BC’s Top Employers. Most importantly, our employees, past and present, have provided consistently positive feedback on their experiences working with our studio. We aim to continue evolving to meet the dynamic landscape of our industry and local environment.
We are looking for the right candidate to join our rendering engineer team at Next Level Games. Our group has a strong history of developing creative solutions to empower artist and designers to push the technical boundaries of Nintendo hardware. We are seeking out someone who can help turn artistic vision into reality. In this role, you will work alongside the rest of the rendering engineer team, the technical director, and the art leads to both create custom game features as well as extend our proprietary rendering engine.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Degree in Computer Science/Engineering, or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of video game industry experience
- Thorough understanding of 3D rendering techniques and algorithms
- Strong 3D math skills
- Experience with a modern graphics API such as DirectX, Vulkan, or Metal
- Proficiency with C++
- Ability to work productively within a team environment
- Self-drive and organization
- Passion for technical creativity
You set yourself above with:
- Experience with console hardware development
- Experience with GPU profiling and optimization
- Development of multi-threaded programming and renderers
- Maya SDK and Mel programming experience
- Python programming experience
- C# programming experience
- Pursuit of the latest research and techniques in computer graphics
We wish to thank all applicants in advance; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. We are currently only considering applicants residing in Canada and/or those who already have work eligibility.