Next Level Games is a wholly owned subsidiary of Nintendo Co. Ltd.
Our studio is best known for its work on the Luigi’s Mansion franchise, most recently Luigi’s Mansion 3. Our other popular titles include Super Mario Strikers, Mario Strikers Charged, Punch Out!! and Metroid Prime: Federation Force. Established in 2002, and developing Nintendo games since 2004, we have not just achieved award winning titles but have been a leading employer and pioneer in providing a fun and desirable workplace for our employees. Our company has been recognized over the years for our studio culture by organizations including BC Business Magazine, WorkLife BC, Canada’s Top 100 Employers, and BC’s Top Employers. Most importantly, our employees, past and present, have provided consistently positive feedback on their experiences working with our studio. We aim to continue evolving to meet the dynamic landscape of our industry and local environment.
At Next Level Games, we work hard to ship the best, most memorable games for our audience. To make that happen, we need a seamless flow of information and technology across the entire company and across all of our external partners. As a member of our IT team, you will play a pivotal role in achieving this.
You will be given autonomy and responsibility to solve a wide range of infrastructure and technology problems on the ever-changing landscape of video game production. It’s a challenge which demands all of the skills you have acquired in your previous IT work and an interest in always growing and learning more.
- Assist in the installation, implementation, and upgrades of internal systems and software
- Maintain IT end-user equipment, hardware, software, and supplies.
- Administer Windows and Linux servers and company services
- Monitor and maintain on-prem and cloud infrastructures
- Help build, image and deploy new workstations, servers, and CI workers
- Evaluate and uphold security across all systems
- Help with office equipment setup and maintenance
- Create new projects and solutions to help improve company productivity
- Solve problems collaboratively with the other IT administrators
- Participate in technical reviews and help develop best practices
- Assist and resolve end-user questions, requests, and issues
- Educate new users on office tools, technology, and services
- Maintain documentation of procedures, operations, and system configurations
- Communicate maintenance and incidents clearly with the company
- Communicate and coordinate with external partners
- Degree in system administration or equivalent experience in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science or a related field
- 5+ years of experience in an infrastructure technical support role or in IT operations
- Intermediate knowledge of Linux CLI
- Intermediate knowledge of Windows Servers Platform
- Intermediate knowledge of Networking configurations (Firewall, DNS, VPN, etc.)
- Self-motivated to take initiative and find creative solutions to problems
- Highly effective organizational and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well in a team and independently
- Ability to triage problems and prioritize work
- Must be eligible to work in Canada and be available work on site in beautiful Vancouver
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience with C, C++, Python
- Experience with virtualization and cloud platforms (ex. VMware, Azure, or AWS)
- Experience with container technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Perforce management experience
- Experience deploying and configuring Jira & Confluence
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience with authentication systems such as SAML and OAuth
We wish to thank all applicants in advance; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. We are currently only considering applicants residing in Canada and/or those who already have work eligibility.