Next Level Games is a wholly owned subsidiary of Nintendo Co. Ltd.
We’ve been passionate about video game development for 20 years now, shipping award-winning games for fans across the world and still going strong. Some of our titles include Super Mario Strikers, Mario Strikers Charged, Punch-Out!!, Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon, Metroid Prime Federation Force and most recently Luigi’s Mansion 3.
At NLG, we believe that a project finds success when we all work together in harmony. This is why we place careful consideration to building and nurturing an environment where everyone feels welcome and has fun in the process of achieving our shared goals.
We are currently seeking a Character Artist to join our creative art team. This person will:
- Collaborate with the Art Director and other art team members to model game characters that fulfill the art vision for the project
- Create in-game character assets that set an inspirational quality bar for the team
- Work with the game design team to create characters that reinforce the game play goals
- Understand the possibilities, requirements and constraints of the game engine and platform
The ideal candidate will have:
- 2+ years video game experience, with 1 AAA title shipped
- Strong portfolio of in-game character artwork
- Proficiency in Maya and Zbrush and Substance Painter to create high quality characters
- Understanding of mesh topology for deformation and rigging
- Experience in digital sculpting, modeling, UV mapping, texturing
- Experience with console hardware a plus
- Knowledge of current gen shaders
- Traditional illustration skills in multiple mediums a plus
You can set yourself above with:
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Highly organized and self-motivated
- Ability to perform under pressure to meet deadlines
- Embraces and provides constructive feedback
- Works well within team environment
We wish to thank all applicants in advance; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. We are currently only considering candidates who already have work eligibility and residing in Canada.