As a AAA Nintendo Developer, Next Level Games is best known for its work on Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon, Punch-Out!!, Super Mario Strikers, Mario Strikers Charged, Metroid Prime: Federation Force and most recently, Luigi’s Mansion 3.
Since the company’s inception in 2002, Next Level Games has been a leading small employer and pioneer in setting best practices for desirable workplaces in the gaming industry. Our company has been recognized over the years for our studio culture by organizations including BC Business Magazine, WorkLife BC, Canada’s Top 100 Employers, and BC’s Top Employers.
We are currently seeking a Character Artist to join our creative art team. Please submit your cover letter and resume through our online application process.
- Collaborate with the Art Director and other art team members to develop game characters that fulfill the art vision for the project
- Create in-game character assets that set an inspirational quality bar for the team
- Work with the game design team to create characters that reinforce the game play goals
- Understand the possibilities, requirements and constraints of the game engine and platform
- 2+ years video game experience, with 1 AAA title shipped
- Strong portfolio of in-game character artwork
- Proficiency in Maya and Zbrush and Substance Painter to create high quality characters
- Understanding of rigging and skinning skeletons
- Experience with console hardware a plus
- Knowledge of current gen shaders
- Traditional illustration skills in multiple mediums a plus
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Highly organized and self-motivated
- Ability to perform under pressure to meet deadlines
- Embraces and provides constructive feedback
- Works well within team environment
We wish to thank all applicants in advance; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.