Next Level Games is a wholly owned subsidiary of Nintendo Co., Ltd.
We’ve been passionate about video game development for 20 years now, shipping award-winning games for fans across the world and still going strong. Some of our titles include Super Mario Strikers, Mario Strikers Charged, Punch-Out!!, Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon, Metroid Prime Federation Force, Luigi’s Mansion 3 and most recently Mario Strikers™: Battle League.
At NLG, we believe that a project finds success when we all work together in harmony. Therefore, we place careful consideration on building and nurturing an environment where everyone feels welcome and has fun in the process of achieving our shared goals.
We are currently seeking an experienced Gameplay Engineer to join our team of seasoned, passionate and talented game developers.
Work closely with the Game Director, Tech Director, Designers, Gameplay Team and/or Gameplay Animators to implement core gameplay mechanics.
- 5+ years video games industry experience
- Post-secondary degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience
- Strong C++ skills
- Strong linear algebra skills
- Solid understanding of AI fundamentals
- Good grasp of game design fundamentals
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Works well within team environment
- Highly organized and self-motivated
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience with skeletal animation systems
- Experience with console hardware
- Experience with real-time physics systems
We wish to thank all applicants in advance; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. We are currently only considering applicants who already have work eligibility in Canada.