Next Level Games is a wholly owned subsidiary of Nintendo Co. Ltd.
We’ve been passionate about video game development for 20 years now, shipping award-winning games for fans across the world and still going strong. Some of our titles include Super Mario Strikers, Mario Strikers Charged, Punch-Out!!, Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon, Metroid Prime Federation Force and most recently Luigi’s Mansion 3.
At NLG, we believe that a project finds success when we all work together in harmony. Therefore, we place careful consideration to building and nurturing an environment where everyone feels welcome and has fun in the process of achieving our shared goals.
We are looking for a Level Designer who’s eager to learn the unique Nintendo philosophy of making great games. Help us create our next great adventure!
- Take ownership of crafting the player experience.
- Work with all departments to carry ideas along from conception to completion.
- Work together with design leads to ensure design is clearly communicated to Nintendo.
- Use proprietary 3D Level Editor Tool to architect game worlds.
- Collaborate with the team to devise, document and champion new ideas.
- Script player experiences and adventures.
- Provide and embrace constructive feedback to raise overall game quality.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have 2+ years industry experience working on games in a Level Design role.
- Demonstrate strong composition and layout skills in a 3D space.
- Have experience with a 3D tool package (Maya, Blender, Unreal, Unity etc…).
- Have Scripting or Programming experience.
- Can collaborate extensively within a team, clearly communicate ideas and follow a vision.
- Love and play Nintendo games is a bonus.
We wish to thank all applicants in advance; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. We are currently only considering applicants residing in Canada and/or those who already have work eligibility.