As a AAA Nintendo Developer, Next Level Games is best known for its work on Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon, Punch-Out!!, Super Mario Strikers, Mario Strikers Charged, Metroid Prime: Federation Force and most recently, Luigi’s Mansion 3.
Since the company’s inception in 2002, Next Level Games has been a leading small employer and pioneer in setting best practices for desirable workplaces in the gaming industry. Our company has been recognized over the years for our studio culture by organizations including BC Business Magazine, WorkLife BC, Canada’s Top 100 Employers, and BC’s Top Employers.
At Next Level Games, we don’t just believe in building video games, we believe in creating a platform that brings people together and becomes a part of their everlasting joyful memories. To make this happen, we are always on the lookout for people who are as passionate about bringing stories to digital life as we are.
For our next untitled project, we are looking for a talented Lighting Artist who can hit just the right tone, mood and atmosphere through high quality lighting effects. Their role would include:
- Working with the team to create beautiful environment lighting that consistently matches the narrative / gameplay / art direction of the project
- Designing lighting systems that will support both visual style and gameplay
- Creating lighting for interiors, exteriors, character set-ups, and cinematics
- Striking a balance between visual quality and performance with your lighting setups
- Providing knowledge and feedback into the development of lighting pipelines and tools
We will shortlist candidates who have:
- 3+ years of experience with at least 1 title shipped as a Lighting Artist
- Excellent understanding of colour, space, mood, materials and the properties of light
- Excellent knowledge concerning real-time/baked lighting techniques
- Technical knowledge of how to create run time lighting in game engines
- An understanding of PBR techniques and how they relate to lighting
- Ability to work both autonomously and collaboratively with the team towards a defined goal
- Passion for video games
- Knowledge of typical video game development processes
- Familiarity with game development and productivity software (Ex. Jira, Confluence, Microsoft Office)
We wish to thank all applicants in advance; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. We are currently only considering applicants residing in Canada and/or those who already have work eligibility.