As a AAA Nintendo Developer, Next Level Games is best known for its work on Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon, Punch-Out!!, Super Mario Strikers, Mario Strikers Charged, Metroid Prime: Federation Force and most recently, Luigi’s Mansion 3.
Since the company’s inception in 2002, Next Level Games has been a leading small employer and pioneer in setting best practices for desirable workplaces in the gaming industry. Our company has been recognized over the years for our studio culture by organizations including BC Business Magazine, WorkLife BC, Canada’s Top 100 Employers, and BC’s Top Employers.
We are currently seeking a Network Engineer to join our team of seasoned, passionate and talented game developers. Please submit your cover letter and resume through our online application process. We wish to thank all applicants in advance; however, only those under consideration will be contacted
- Development of lower level transport protocols.
- Development of systems for state synchronization between machines.
- Development of lobby services to handle creation of games and joining of games.
- Create debugging tools and metrics systems for identifying and solving common networking problems.
- 2+ years video game industry experience
- Post-secondary degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
- Strong working knowledge of bandwidth concerns, the effects of latency on game design, and entity prediction
- Strong skills in C++
- Experience with low level networking
- Ability to collaborate with other programmers on best practices for implementing networked gaming and work effectively within team environments
- Ability to conceptualize on a high level
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Highly organized
- Self-motivated with a drive for continuous learning and growth
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to perform under pressure to meet deadlines
We wish to thank all applicants in advance; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.