Next Level Games is a wholly owned subsidiary of Nintendo Co., Ltd.
We’ve been passionate about video game development for 20 years now, shipping award-winning games for fans across the world and still going strong. Some of our titles include Super Mario Strikers, Mario Strikers Charged, Punch-Out!!, Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon, Metroid Prime Federation Force, Luigi’s Mansion 3 and most recently Mario Strikers™: Battle League.
At NLG, we believe that a project finds success when we all work together in harmony. Therefore, we place careful consideration to building and nurturing an environment where everyone feels welcome and has fun in the process of achieving our shared goals.
Are you the sort of analytical person who observes long drawn-out sentences that consume way too much prose to elucidate upon something that can be reduced down to a much simpler phrase, and think: “Make it concise”? Do you see slow serial lines at the buffet tables and imagine ways to parallelize them? Do you cringe at long load times and framerate stutters? If so, we’re looking for a systems engineer with your mindset who can apply their system engineering skills to optimize all areas of our systems, tools, and games. As an NLG Performance Engineer, you will work with the technical director and a diverse set of engineers developing core systems in the process of diagnosing and improving CPU performance, memory utilization, and load times. At the end of each project, you will have helped create a new Nintendo title that runs so smooth, people can’t help but become undistractedly lost in the game experience.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- 3+ years industry experience
- Strong C++, architecture, and software engineering skills
- Comfortable writing new systems as well as working within existing systems
- Ability to use profiling tools to analyze and critique performance
- Experience optimizing runtime performance
- Familiarity with multi-threading code for full core utilization
- Understanding of worker job systems and task scheduling
- Experience with memory management and memory optimization
- Understanding of memory layout, bus contention, and cache performance
- Understanding of file systems and file streaming
- Solid communication skills
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience writing SIMD code
- Understanding of ARM or x86 assembly language
- Experience with Nintendo architecture
- Passion and interest in Nintendo IP
- Experience with C/I systems
- GPU profiling and optimization experience
- Familiarity with compute shaders
- Experience working on multiple system architectures
- Mentorship experience
We wish to thank all applicants in advance; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. We are currently only considering candidates who already have work eligibility and residing in Canada.