As a AAA Nintendo Developer, Next Level Games is best known for its work on Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon, Punch-Out!!, Super Mario Strikers, Mario Strikers Charged, Metroid Prime: Federation Force and most recently, Luigi’s Mansion 3.
Since the company’s inception in 2002, Next Level Games has been a leading small employer and pioneer in setting best practices for desirable workplaces in the gaming industry. Our company has been recognized over the years for our studio culture by organizations including BC Business Magazine, WorkLife BC, Canada’s Top 100 Employers, and BC’s Top Employers.
We are currently seeking a QA Tester to join our team of passionate and talented game developers in a contract position. Please submit your cover letter and resume through our online application process.
Work with the development team to ensure the quality of game software. This role would require:
- Finding and reporting bugs
- Providing feedback regarding the quality of the game
- Regression testing
- Creating test scripts and coverage documents
- Developer Support
- Automated tools testing
- 1+ year of Quality Assurance testing in the video game industry
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and basic network applications
- Familiarity with bug and task trackers (JIRA and Confluence)
- Adequate knowledge of PC and Console Hardware
- Familiarity with various genres of video games
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to break down game into modular elements
- Strong attention to detail
- Highly organized, responsible and self-motivated
- Ability to perform under pressure to meet deadlines
- Works well within a team environment
- Experience testing online-oriented game modes
GOOD TO HAVE
- Familiarity with Art and Animation
- Advanced knowledge of database, networking and servers
- Programming experience
We wish to thank all applicants in advance; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. We are currently only considering applicants residing in Canada and/or those who already have work eligibility.