As a AAA Nintendo Developer, Next Level Games is best known for its work on Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon, Punch-Out!!, Super Mario Strikers, Mario Strikers Charged, Metroid Prime: Federation Force and most recently, Luigi’s Mansion 3.
Since the company’s inception in 2002, Next Level Games has been a leading small employer and pioneer in setting best practices for desirable workplaces in the gaming industry. Our company has been recognized over the years for our studio culture by organizations including BC Business Magazine, WorkLife BC, Canada’s Top 100 Employers, and BC’s Top Employers.
We are looking for the right candidate to join our rendering engineer team at Next Level Games. Our group has a strong history of developing creative solutions to empower artist and designers to push the technical boundaries of Nintendo hardware. We are seeking out someone who can help turn artistic vision into reality. In this role, you will work alongside the rest of the rendering engineer team, the technical director, and the art leads to both create custom game features as well as extend our proprietary rendering engine.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Degree in Computer Science/Engineering, or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of video game industry experience
- Thorough understanding of 3D rendering techniques and algorithms
- Strong 3D math skills
- Experience with a modern graphics API such as DirectX, Vulkan, or Metal
- Proficiency with C++
- Ability to work productively within a team environment
- Self-drive and organization
- Passion for technical creativity
YOU SET YOURSELF ABOVE WITH:
- Experience with console hardware development
- Experience with GPU profiling and optimization
- Development of multi-threaded programming and renderers
- Maya SDK and Mel programming experience
- Python programming experience
- C# programming experience
- Pursuit of the latest research and techniques in computer graphics