As a AAA Nintendo Developer, Next Level Games is best known for its work on Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon, Punch-Out!!, Super Mario Strikers, Mario Strikers Charged, Metroid Prime: Federation Force and most recently, Luigi’s Mansion 3.
Since the company’s inception in 2002, Next Level Games has been a leading small employer and pioneer in setting best practices for desirable workplaces in the gaming industry. Our company has been recognized over the years for our studio culture by organizations including BC Business Magazine, WorkLife BC, Canada’s Top 100 Employers, and BC’s Top Employers.
We are seeking a Test Engineer to join our team of passionate and talented game developers. Please submit your cover letter and resume through our online application process.
At Next Level Games we make great games that are fun to play, stretch your imagination, and look and sound beautiful. Our goal for excellence and quality is underscored by our dedication and investment to testing. Every engineer, designer, artist, and QA tester at NLG is responsible for ensuring all parts of the game are quality reviewed and tested. As a Test Engineer, you will empower other employees by providing them with the tools, systems, and frameworks to fulfill this responsibility. An NLG test engineer increases everyone’s productivity by promoting technical integrity and stability while improving technical flexibility. You will be working on a team alongside industry veterans who will help you to achieve that objective while giving you freedom to explore new ideas. This position offers an excellent opportunity for professional growth by receiving mentorship from senior engineers.
- Build and maintain tools and infrastructure to empower other engineers
- Extend our continuous integration system
- Create test automation systems for QA testers
- Leverage distributed testing
- Train and instruct other engineers on best practices
- Review and critique tests written by designers and other engineers
- Help triage test failures
- Post-secondary degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
- Experience with C++ and Python
- A drive to help others through your expertise
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to collaborate with others on best practices for testing
- Highly organized
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience in game development
- Experience or training in machine learning
- Experience with big data architecture and data analysis
- An interest in data visualization
- Experience with container creation and management (e.g. Docker)
- Experience working with SQL and NoSQL (MongoDB) database systems
- Experience working with web technologies, Typescript, and REST API
- Understanding of memory management and performance optimization
We wish to thank all applicants in advance; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. We are currently only considering applicants residing in Canada and/or those who already have work eligibility.