Next Level Games is a wholly owned subsidiary of Nintendo Co. Ltd.
We’ve been passionate about video game development for 20 years now, shipping award-winning games for fans across the world and still going strong. Some of our titles include Super Mario Strikers, Mario Strikers Charged, Punch-Out!!, Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon, Metroid Prime Federation Force and most recently Luigi’s Mansion 3.
At NLG, we believe that a project finds success when we all work together in harmony. Therefore, we place careful consideration to building and nurturing an environment where everyone feels welcome and has fun in the process of achieving our shared goals.
As an NLG Tools Engineer, you’ll be working closely with artists, designers, and engineers to ensure that the technology needs of each group are met. You will be responsible for introducing and maintaining new features in our proprietary toolset which is used every day by our team to create and build content for the game.
The role calls for applicants with a broad array of skills, working on end-to-end aspects of each tool in our toolset. You should be comfortable with switching between different programming languages and problem domains. You will be programming in C# for desktop application development, Python for pipeline work, and C++ for game engine development.
The tools you will be developing span a wide range of applications. They include:
- Our Custom Level Building Software
- Character Animation State Machine Tool and associated runtime systems
- VFX Tool and runtime systems
- Performance Profiling tools
- Material Editor
- UI Layout Editor
- Other custom authoring tools for rendering and getting Maya content into the game
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Post-secondary degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
- Strong knowledge of C++ and C#
- Ability to work productively within a team environment
- Strong ability to conceptualize on a high level
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly organized
- Self-motivated with a drive for continuous learning and growth
- Ability to perform under pressure to meet deadlines
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience in the video games industry
- Experience with large scale development on a user-facing product
- Python experience
- Maya experience
We wish to thank all applicants in advance; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. We are currently only considering candidates who already have work eligibility and residing in Canada.