As the only Canadian developer entrusted with Nintendo IP, Next Level Games is best known for its work on Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon, Punch-Out!!, Super Mario Strikers, Mario Strikers Charged, Metroid Prime: Federation Force and most recently, Luigi’s Mansion 3.
Since the company’s inception in 2002, Next Level Games has been a leading small employer and pioneer in setting best practices for desirable workplaces in the gaming industry. Our company has been recognized over the years for our studio culture by organizations including BC Business Magazine, WorkLife BC, Canada’s Top 100 Employers, and BC’s Top Employers.
We are currently seeking a UI Artist who is eager to join our team.
The successful candidate will work alongside UI Designers and Programmers to create textures, screens and animations for game interfaces. They will deliver high quality work given the design criteria and technical limitations of the project.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in UI design, UX design or in a related area
- Solid understanding of UX methodologies and best practices
- Hands on experience creating wireframes, prototypes, storyboards, user flows etc.
- Proficiency with interface design and texture creation tools (Azure, Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, Framer X)
- Experience building Front End and In-Game UI components
- Must be detail oriented, focused on user needs and skilled in color and composition
- Previous work on complex desktop software is a plus
- Work well within a team environment
- Self-motivated and organized
Please include a link to your art portfolio in either the cover letter or your resume. Applications without a portfolio will not be considered.
We wish to thank all applicants in advance; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. We are currently only considering applicants residing in Canada and/or those who already have work eligibility.