Next Level Games is a wholly owned subsidiary of Nintendo Co., Ltd.
We’ve been passionate about video game development for 20 years now, shipping award-winning games for fans across the world and still going strong. Some of our titles include Super Mario Strikers, Mario Strikers Charged, Punch-Out!!, Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon, Metroid Prime Federation Force, Luigi’s Mansion 3 and most recently Mario Strikers™: Battle League.
At NLG, we believe that a project finds success when we all work together in harmony. Therefore, we place careful consideration to building and nurturing an environment where everyone feels welcome and has fun in the process of achieving our shared goals.
We are currently seeking a promising candidate for a Visual Effects Artist role.
- Collaborate with the Art Director, VFX Lead and Game Designers to create effects that fulfill the art vision for the project.
- Work with Game Designers to support and iterate gameplay via effects.
- Work with Presentation team to create cinematic effects.
- Create VFX assets using our in-house engine and tools.
- Bring new ideas, unique solutions and help improve pipeline, process and techniques.
- Take ownership and maintain all effect assets including shaders, textures, models, etc.
- Keep a strong communication channel with team members.
- Balance quality and efficiency of effects based on project limitations.
- Own, Manage and Prioritize assigned tasks.
- Troubleshoot and provide solutions to art problems by collaborating with technical artists and programmers.
- 5+ years experience as VFX Artist.
- At least one shipped title as the key VFX Artist on the project.
- Portfolio demonstrating strong real-time FX artwork and ability.
- Advanced understanding of particle systems.
- Experience with authoring materials/shaders in a GUI (Unreal Material Editor)
- Ability to create models/textures assets for vfx using (Maya/Blender/Photoshop/Substance)
- Experience with simulations (rigid body, fluid, smoke, fire, etc)
- Understanding of advanced art techniques, tools and processes
- Good understanding of animation and timing.
- Excel as a team player and strive to maximize team/department performance
GOOD TO HAVE
- Experience with Unreal
- Experience with 2D Effects and Motion Graphics
- Experience with procedural modeling (Houdini, Blender)
- Knowledge of other applications (After Effects, etc)
We wish to thank all applicants in advance; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. We are currently only considering candidates who already have work eligibility and residing in Canada.