VISUAL EFFECTS ARTIST
As a AAA Nintendo Developer, Next Level Games is best known for its work on Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon, Punch-Out!!, Super Mario Strikers, Mario Strikers Charged, Metroid Prime: Federation Force and most recently, Luigi’s Mansion 3.
Since the company’s inception in 2002, Next Level Games has been a leading small employer and pioneer in setting best practices for desirable workplaces in the gaming industry. Our company has been recognized over the years for our studio culture by organizations including BC Business Magazine, WorkLife BC, Canada’s Top 100 Employers, and BC’s Top Employers.
We are currently seeking an exceptional candidate for a VFX position. Please submit your cover letter and resume through our online application process.
- Collaborate with the Art Director and other art team members to develop effects that fulfill the art vision for the project
- Use current techniques to create quality effects and assets that are game engine compliant
- Keep a strong communication channel with team members
- Own, Manage and Prioritize assigned tasks
- Troubleshoot effects that are not working in the game engine and help to fix them
- 3+ years of video game experience – at least one shipped game in the role of Visual Effects Artist
- A strong portfolio of real-time FX artwork
- Solid understanding of particle systems
- Ability to create models/textures assets for vfx using (Maya/Photoshop)
- Good understanding of animation and timing.
- Familiarity with authoring shaders in a node-based material editor
- Balance quality and efficiency of effects based on project limitations.
- Understanding of current art techniques, tools and processes
- Excel as a team player and strive to maximize team/department performance
GOOD TO HAVE
- Experience with 2D Effects and Motion Graphics
- Knowledge of Substance Designer
- Experience with UI/Front End Design
We wish to thank all applicants in advance; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. We are currently only considering applicants residing in Canada and/or those who already have work eligibility.